Route from south (Portezuelo Espinacito)

Route from south (Portezuelo Espinacito)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 32.09134°S / 70.02513°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Scrambling
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Route from the south. Starting at the col "Portezuelo Espinacito"

Getting There

From Barreal or Uspallata per 4x4 to the abonded skiresort hut "Manantiales". Two days trek with mules or horses (must be organized in advance) via the valley "Valle de la Lena". Below the col "Potezuelo de Espinacito" good place for Basecamp. (Water)

Route Description

From the Portezuelo de Espinacito straight up the south ridge to 5.314m. Scrambling. Scree and snow/ice. From top head down to NW for 120 vertical meters. Snow/ice and a flat place for Campsite at 5.201m. Following the very long soutwestridge up to approx. 6.200m Heading north and northeast- the highest point (6.388m according to my Garmin GPS) you´ll find at the northern end of the summit ridge. Long and time consuming!

Essential Gear

Add Essential Gear text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

RamadaRoutes