Sala de Maternidad

Sala de Maternidad

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.8 (YDS)
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Cerro Quemado


This is a nice easy route for beginners. It is located on the west side of the Ola section. To put the top rope on this route, you must climb from behind, with a friend, and rappel down. You can also scramble up an opening in the face just to the left of the route and traverse across to the bolts for top roping. There is a tree there perfect for webbing.

If you are looking for some more challenging routes, you can move to the right of this face. Watch the foot of the crag as you walk and you will see the names of other routes and their rating.

Route Description

Cerro Quemado


This unbolted route is located on the west side of the Ola section. It follows the nose or leftmost edge of the face. There is a set of bolts to the right of Sala de Maternidad. There are plenty of foot and hand holds. Be careful as you climb, though, as there is some tendency for the rock to flake off on this route. Sala de Maternidad is a great warm-up for some of the other routes in this section.

Essential Gear

You will need webbing and four quickdraws.

Getting There

From Xela, take any bus that goes to Almolonga or to Zunil via Almolonga (2 Quetzales). Get off at Baues and walk up the road. Its a 1.5km walk to La Muela and another 1.5km to Chicua. In Chicua, just ask where the trail is and take it up. The boulders and the routes are pretty obvious. As you approach the big face with the crack, El Robot, begin to work to the right and you will find La Ola.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

La OlaRoutes