Viewing: 1-7 of 7
cp0915

cp0915 - Dec 13, 2006 10:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

Nice job already!

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Mar 1, 2007 5:26 am - Voted 10/10

This is already...

...a fascinating page! I'm looking forward to the finished product! Good job!

(One question, which you might answer in the page's text: why are Agassiz and Fremont Peaks off limits, with only winter access allowed?)

Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Mar 1, 2007 6:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Agassiz and Fremont Peak

Why are these peaks off limits? Politics. 1. They are the one of 4 sacred mountains of the Navajo's. They do not want peoople walking all over "their" mountains.
2. there is a protected flower in the tundra that only grows on these mountains in the world. there is concern about making these go extinct, when that is very rediculus.
Hiking above 11,400 feet is prohibited on these mountains, with the trail up Humphreys being the only exeption. This makes Doyle the only other mountain legal.

I am building this site as i get information or when i get time to add a little more. Most of the main info is here.

tarol

tarol - Apr 10, 2007 7:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Good job

I am visiting this area in May, I will be taking pictures (of course!) Let me know if you want any in specific and I'll do my best to get them :)

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Apr 25, 2007 4:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Very informative.

Good work bringing the various features of this region together. I used to drive through here a lot as a kid and had no idea how interesting it was until I was an adult. All I noticed back then was that it had trees.

surgent

surgent - Oct 29, 2007 2:57 pm - Voted 9/10

Sunset Volcano Photo

I attached a photo of Sunset Volcano to the O'Leary Page, if you want to use it. Cheers, surgent

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Apr 11, 2012 1:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Good Update

Nice to see the page being tinkered with. I really like this area.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'San Francisco Volcanic Field' main page