San Nicolás de Bujaruelo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.70310°N / 0.0605°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.0 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From the village of Torla take a track in Puente de los Navarros (left side of barrier of natural park in the road to Pradera de Ordesa) and across this track we'll reach the parking with the hut and hermit of san Nicolás de Bujaruelo.

Route Description

Slope: 1806m (880m from Pto Bujaruelo).
Time: 5h 30min (2h 45min from Pto Bujaruelo).
In the parking of San Nicolás de Bujaruelo we'll see a bridge over the river Ara, this is the trailhead of the route. All the route is put up signs with cairns and we'll must follow across a serpent path in the hillside. We'll follow initially the posts of high tension that goes to the N.E. We'll pass near a small refuge of the electrical company and we'll see the Col or Puerto de Bujaruelo that we'll have to reach in 2h 20 min (2270m).
To the left side we'll see the end of the road that comes from Gavarnie that is another option very recommended for the persons who ascend from France (from Spain the displacement is very long in car to Gavarnie if it wants to climb this mountain in the same day).

From there is the same route of Col de Tentes to the summit of Taillon.

Essential Gear

Water, though it is possible to re-put in the refuge.
Many days, specially in spring it are necessary the crampons and ice-axe to access to Brecha de Rolando. Always in winter.

GPS

Some coordinates of the route in UTM:
-Pto. Bujaruelo (2287m): 30 740471E / 4732154N
-Ref. Sarradets (2584m): 30 743018E / 4731309N
-Brech. de Rolando (2811m): 30 742966E / 4730766N
-Summit of Taillon (3144m): 30 741539E / 4731007N



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TaillonRoutes