Sant Joan de Penyagolosa

Sant Joan de Penyagolosa

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.22325°N / 0.35131°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the shorter and easier route to Penyagolosa.

Getting There

In Castellón you must take A7-CV10 in direction Barcelona until La Pobla Tornesa. We get CV-15 to Vall d'Alba and CV-170 until Villahermosa del Maestrat. Following about 500 meters you can find the signals to Natural Prak of Penyagolosa (ib brown color) turning to left to reach the hermitage of Sant Joan de Penyagolosa (1.250m)

Route Description

P.R. in the forest
Summit of Penyagolosa

We begin in the hermitage of Sant Joan de Penyagolosa near of a small cross just above the small parking. In the cross you must search the marks of paint yellow-white of the P.R. (pequeño recorrido=small itinerary). The path goes in a nice forest turning to reach the entry to the ridge called Lloma del Conill to reach a little shoulder with a signal of wood. We turn to left (we leave the signal Font de Cambreta on right side) descending a little to the ravine walking a narrow path ascending to exit of the forest in a big plateau with a forest track and parking called El Corralico.
We see on right side two tracks and we take the left with the green signal of Penyagolosa. On right side is the yellow signal of Mas de Cambreta. We walk the path in a few of zig-zags reaching a small hut with view of the summit over it. Following the signals of paint we reach easily the summit of Penyagolosa with nice views.

Essential Gear

Nothing special except polar jacket if wing blows.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.