Senda Herreros

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.47000°N / 4.1°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble / Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: PD
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The approach is by car to Puerto de Navacerrada (see "Getting There" in the main page).

Route Description


See "The Route" in the main page and once in Pradera (meadow) de Navarrulaque (1.675 m aprox) take the trail called Senda Herreros (PR 8), to the left. The forest trail is well marked with white and yellow paint and goes into the pine-wood wich is in Hoyo del Terradillo (also called Hueco de Siete Picos), below the S face of Siete Picos. Firstly the trail goes along the ancient Senda de la Pata la Cabra, that's the section between Navarrulaque and fuente (water source) de los Acebos. Then Senda crosses Río Pradillo and becomes the steep ascent to Cueva Lirón (1.890 m aprox), where there is an almost flat section (to the left) that leads to Pradera de Siete Picos (1.930 m aprox). Start the descent along a wide trail that leaving Alto del Telégrafo (1.966 m) to the right and Capilla (chapel) de Nuestra Señora de las Nieves (placed on the top of another rocks). Reach the upper part of the Escaparate and Telégrafo ski tracks (Navacerrada ski resort), descend to the road Navacerrada-Los Cogorros and finally turn right to Puerto de Navacerrada (1.860 m).

Essential Gear


Crampons and ice axe could be necessary in the worst conditions of the winter. Also take a map, compass and altimeter in order to find the trail if you get lost in the fog (probably in autumn and winter). Some of the peaks (at least the 4th Peak) are difficult to climb without climbing shoes and rock climbing gear. Take water when hiking in the hotest months of the summer because the only water source (fuente de los Acebos) could be dry, or at least take some water purification tablets or filter with you.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.