Sick Link-Up

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.96720°N / 119.3192°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: AI 2-3
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.6 (YDS)
Additional Information Grade: IV
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This route is completed by linking up the NE Couloir on North Peak with the North Ridge of Mt. Conness.

Getting There

Approach from Saddlebag Lake as per North Peak.

Route Description

The first part of the Sick Link-Up is conditions dependent. Early in the season you may find snow, whereas later in the season you will find blue alpine ice. This couloir is skied every spring in an annual rite of sickness. I don't know if anyone has downclimbed the North Ridge of Conness to reach the couloir for a ski descent, but if they did, would this be the first descent of the Sick Link-Up, or a new route called the Reverse Sick Link-Up?

Essential Gear

Crampons, one or two ice axes. You may want a rope and ice screws for the couloir in icy conditions. The ridge on Conness is mostly 3rd and 4th class, however I recommend sticking as close as possible to the ridge overlooking the Conness Glacier to take in the sick exposure. There is one point in the ridge that you may want to make a short rappel.

External Links

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.