Ski-Ascent from Spitzingsattel

Ski-Ascent from Spitzingsattel

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.67647°N / 11.87101°E
Seasons Season: Spring, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: middle
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The ascent from Spitzingsattel and Obere Firstalm is one of the ski-ascents to Brecherspitz.
BrecherspitzBrecherspitz seen from Spitzingsee.

Route Description

At Spitzingsattel (1127m) are parking with costs.

You cross the street and follow the sign to OBERE FIRSTALM. You are now on the W21 "Trautweinweg". Be careful, the snowy track is also used by tobogganist! The W21 runs along the whole south-side of Brecherspitz. The way up to OBERE FIRSTALM on this snowy road is a little bit uninteresting.

W21 TrautweinwegW21 - Trautweinweg


At Obere Firstalm you turn to northwest and ascend on a field alongside an old Ski-lift to the fore-summit of Brecherspitz. This part is very nice, because it is feasible to do your own switchbacks while ascending or descending by ski on untouched snow.

Old Ski-lift and pre-summitOld Ski-lift and fore-summit of Brecherspitz seen from Obere Firstalm.


When you look back, you will see the ski-region of Spitzingsee around Untere Firstalm.

Obere FirstalmObere Firstalm and ski-region Spitzingsee seen from pre-summit of Brecherspitz.


After reaching the mountain-station of the forsaken ski-lift you arrive the fore-summit. This point marks the end of the ascent for many mountaineers, because the west-ridge is very difficult in winter. If there are tracks on the ridge it will be easier to cross to the main-summit. But if the ridge is untouched you have to pay attention while descent the first part and ascent out of the ridge-notch to the main-summit. In Spring be careful of snow-shelfs. Leave your ski at the pre-summit.

Brecherspitz - West-RidgeBrecherspitz - West-Ridge - The snowy ridge can be a little bit difficult.


!!! - Please notice the avalanche-security-report - !!!


West-RidgePre-summit with the first part of the west-ridge, the descend into the notch.


From the summit you have a nice view down to Spitzingsee and Schliersee and eastward to Jaegerkamp, Aiplspitze, Hochmiesing and Rotwand.

JaegerkampJaegerkamp seen from Brecherspitz.


Summit-CrossSummit-Cross of Brecherspitz.


Descend: Cross satisfied and carefully to the fore-summit and buckle up your ski an ski along the forsaken lift. If you find some untouched snow, enjoy leaving your marks.

At Obere Firstalm you could take a break and enjoy the rest of the day while drinking a bavarian beer.

From Obere Firstalm you ski down the road to Spitzingsattel. Enjoy outrunning the tobagganists. ;-)

MAPMap of Brecherspitz






Essential Gear

Normal Ski-equipment needed. Only in bad cases and in ascents with unexperienced partners could be a ice-axe and a rope be useful.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.