Ski- tour from Val d' Intelvi

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.94000°N / 9.00000°E
Additional Information Route Type: ski-mountaniering
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: S2 easy ski-tour
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

From Italy : Como – SS 340 Regina till Argegno – SP Val d’Intelvi to Castiglione – than follow the route to Casasco d’Intelvi and last to the cable rail of Monte Crocione " la Bolla ".
From Swiss : Lugano – Porlezza – Osteno – S.Fedele Intelvi - Casasco d’Intelvi - cable rail of Monte Crocione " la Bolla ".

Route Description

From " La Bolla " 1050 m take the path starting near a ranch . Follow this good path in the woods direction NW and reach "Bocchetta di Orimento" 1275 m where there's a little village (1/2h).
Stand direction NW crossing the easy steps of SW's side of "Monte Orimento", and reach a little wood bridge and cross on the other side of Breggia valley . Start going up stepper direction SW, at first in a littel woods then near a beautifull and deep e pinewoods . So you arrive in 1/2h from "Orimento" , to "costa Piatta" that you need to succeed for the whole to the end . Than go S and a last step take to the ski-top at 1650 m ( tot. 1,30h ).
Slope : go down from the top directly on the beautifull step oriented NE and reach " Alpe Pescio" 1368 m . From here cross to N – NW and reach the way up at the little wood bridge . Re skin your ski and return to " Bocchetta di Orimento" ; stand going up to SE till " Punta della Croce" or "Monte Crocione" 1491 m skilift's upper station from " La Bolla " . Goin down the funny steps oriented N and retur at starting point .
Best period to make this ski-tour is from december to march

Essential Gear

Ski and skins

Accomodation

Hotel , B&b

External links

Monte Generoso: con traversata al Monte Crocione - dalla Val d'Intelvi


The LARIO INTELVESE Mountain Community

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.