Sleeping Beauty Summit Trail

Sleeping Beauty Summit Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.56007°N / 73.55484°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy to Moderate Hike
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

There are two ways to get to the summit of Sleeping Beauty. The route described here is from the South and Dacy Clearing/Hogtown Trailhead. It is 3.4 miles one way from Hogtown and about 1.8 miles from Dacy Clearing. Total elevation gain is 1038 feet.

You can up your mileage by completing a loop from Dacy Clearing up to the summit of Sleeping Beauty then continuing North to Bumps Pond and returning south via Fishbrook Pond Trail(7.8 miles from Dacy) Tack on 3.2 more miles if starting from Hogtown trailhead.



Getting There

This trail is accessed from Dacy Clearing via Hogtown Trailhead.

Route Description

From Dacy Clearing turn right towards the stream and Follow YELLOW trail markers on Fishbrook Pond Trail towards the summit of Sleeping Beauty. At 2.2 miles (from Hogtown Trailhead) turn RIGHT at the junction of Sleeping Beauty and Fishbrook Pond Trails. The yellow trail markers are now BLUE. You will come to low wet area followed by a few switchbacks. At about 1.1 miles from the Fishbrook trail junction you come to Y intersection and to the left is a short 0.1 miles summit spur.

There is a broad expansive view off these cliffs where one can see Buck Mtn, Shelving Rock Mtn, Tongue Mtn and Lake George. Off in the distance to the West one can see Gore Mtn. and the SE Adirondacks.

Essential Gear

Normal day trip hiking gear. Dress for the weather!

Waterproof boots in Mud Season(March thru April/May)



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.