Slippery Slope

Slippery Slope

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 6, 2016

It's a Slippery Slope

Didn't have time to make it to the top.  Made it almost to the first hut before having to turn around due to time constraints.  This other reports look accurate to me.  I'll just add that this trail is narrow and slippery.  There is also a 10 foot section where the trail is gone due to a landslide that started right at the trail's edge.  We were able to get around it on the steep right side of the trail by grasping grass for handholds while - but even by the time we returned we felt like the grass was getting pulled up and the handholds wouldn't last for long.  Without them there's not a way to cross the chasm.  Hopefully a local will install a rope to make it safely passable.  I'd suggest wearing light long pants for this, as the trail is overgrown with bushes in many places and our legs got pretty scratched up.

It's a beautiful hike, but not easy by any stretch.  Especially coming down, the slippery clay makes footing treacherous.  I was grateful for those stretches where pine needles covered the trail for better traction.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Scott

Scott - May 15, 2016 9:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Will update info

I'll use some of this information to update the route page since I haven't been there since 2005.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AoraiTrip Reports