Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 42.50000°N / 122.1°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Nov 3, 2004
We had snow in the hills around Klamath Falls this morning. After coffee, eggs, and bacon. I Drove 140 to usfs 350 which is still open and will be for a couple of months. Walked the NE ridge to the lake but the summit was not visable due to clouds. Occasional glimpses of the upper cirque chutes and a lot of wind. Snow at 5000' and above with about nine inches at the lake according to the standard post. I hiked about two hundred feet above the lake on the NE ridge and the snow was good and dry--duffy. Probably in the mid-twenties...colder still with the wind chill. I turned back at the lake as my dogs were growing tired of the crusty snow travel. A couple of good storms and it could be a whole new world up there, still it was worth the time and made a good primer trip for skiing.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Pelican ButteTrip Reports