Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 29, 2014
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring

Snow Valley Peak via TRT

   I did this hike with two girlfriends on May 29th.  We started at 1P.M. and had gorgeous weather with some good wind gusts on the summit.  We drove from Incline Village to highway 50 and then to the parking area on the left before the summit.  This is the parking for the TRT and is free versus paying at Spooner Lake.  The hike itself is a steady uphill through pine forests and dramatic views to the East of the Carson Valley.  Once you clear the tree line you have beautiful views of almost all of Lake Tahoe and can see Marlette Lake in the valley to the West.  You follow the trail until you hit the dirt road that leaves to the summit, this is access to the radio tower.  On the summit there is expansive panoramic views of the entire Sierra Nevada and far into Nevada.  Being late May and a poor snowfall winter, there were only small pockets of snow.  The hike back was an easy and meandering downhill, back to the car by 5.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.