Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 34.73970°N / 83.9369°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Oct 16, 2005
They were back. This was their third trip since early September! But I love them and they are what make me unclehud, after all. My two nephews: Thadd (age 16) and Noah (age 4). Their sister is enrolled at a college in town, and they were here (with Mom) for Parent's Weekend.

Being from a flat part of the country, I had stoked them on a real-life mountain climb when they visited this time. So, we were on the road at 8 am headed for BLOOD MOUNTAIN. (Just seems appropriate this close to Halloween, especially with young boys in the group.)

Thadd the man exhibited his maturity as I exhibited my immaturity. Together we carried, cajoled, and dragged Noah to within 300 yards of the top. When he began to notice the fabulous weather, the incredible views, and the proximity to the end of his ordeal, he completely changed personality and led our small expedition to the summit.

Clif bars, M&M's, and a Sinckers bar were lunch and we headed back down. But not before seeing the pinnacles of the Atlanta skyline on the horizon. A half-dozen trips to the top, and this is the first I've seen of the Midtown and Buckhead highrises!

Thanks to my posse, who made it all happen!

See you next trip, and we'll bag another Georgia summit together.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Blood MountainTrip Reports