South slopes (standard)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.71510°N / 114.1044°W
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Somewhat
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the standard route to the summit of Jacqueline Peak. The only other documented case is a tough traverse between it and McIntyre Peak. The rotten, imposing northwest face remains virtually untouched.

This route and peak is a good introductory route for those wishing to eventually further explore the Pioneer Range and for those who are testing out whether or not Class III terrain is for them or not.

The south slopes are steep and direct, water is a must and so is the rest step technique if not in shape!

Getting There

See the description on the main Jacqueline Peak page.

Route Description

The route is fairly straightforward. Climb the draw along the streambed northwestweard into the high steep fields below the shale and scree of the peak. At about 9,800, climb the steepening terrain aiming for the southeast ridge.

Once you have gained the ridge, turned northwest and either bypass small class III rock sections, or practive your skills by scrambling directly over them.

Essential Gear

Only the basic, essential gear for entering a wilderness environment is required for climbing Jacueline Peak. Two things to not, water is sparse and brush is occasionally thick.

External Links

Add External Links text here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.