South Slopes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.07940°N / 107.8439°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Easy Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the Weir and Johnson Campground, hike along the West side of Weir and Johnson Lake on trail 117.

Route Description


Continue to follow Trail 117 to the junction of Sissy Lake trail. Follow Sissy Lake Trail North past Round Lake and Northwest to Leon Reservoir. There is a small gully that leads up from the Northeast corner of Leon Reservoir into the trees. After a short bushwhack Northwest, the talus and boulders appear above. Heading generally Northwest over the talus and boulders, the summit will reveal itself beyond a small drainage on Leon Peak's South Face. A short but fun scramble leads up the slope for a short hike West to the summit. About 3 miles round trip.

Essential Gear


Nothing but bare essentials unless hiking outside of summer months.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Leon PeakRoutes