Southeast Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.27830°N / 111.4495°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The start of the climb is at the lodge / service road which leads to the southeast ridge.

Starting elevation at parking lot: 7,520 feet
Summit Elevation: 11,166 feet
Total Elevation Gain: 3,646 feet

Route Description

Take the service road located next to the ski lift named "Swift Current". This is located behind the conference center (large building). Follow the service road as it winds up the mountain and try to stay close to chair lifts. The road will eventually depart from the chair lifts and you'll want to hike up directly under the overhead lines. Eventually you'll end up on a mountain biking trail for a bit and then back under the overhead lines. It's most important to keep the overhead lines in view. Don't worry about getting lost so long as you do this. Once you reach the end of the ski lift, a road will cross your path. Take that road to your right for about 100' and look for the trail head (marked)on your left. I believe it was called "Bone Crusher".You'll start off in pine trees but soon thereafter it'll open up and the trail is very obvious to the summit as you ascend through loose scree, steep inclines, and knife edge climbing. Anticipate from (2.5) to (4) hours from the parking lot to the summit and maybe (1) hour down.

Essential Gear

You can call the lodge for curtain conditions on the mountains and then bring the necessary gear (i.e. cold weather clothing, crampons and axe, etc. for winter conditions or wet weather clothing, good climbing boots and walking poles for summer conditions). Just the standard gear for current conditions.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.