Southern Alps from the Air

Southern Alps from the Air

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

A Flight to Milford Sound

Milford Sound was one of the places Charlotte and I really wanted to see when we planned our trip to New Zealand. However, finding ourselves in Wanaka a day behind schedule it was looking increasingly unlikely that we were going to be able to. Not willing to compromise, we decided to book a flight to the fjord, an expensive option, but one that would save a us lot of driving time. This may be a shamefully touristy thing to do, but I make no apologies – the photos from the plane were worth the money alone. The flight out took us from Wanaka airport, through Mount Aspiring National Park, down the west coast and then up the fjord to Milford Sound's small but busy airfield. The flight back took us a different route; through the Darren Mountains to Lake Wakatipu and then back to Wanaka again.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
EricChu

EricChu - Mar 21, 2010 5:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Bravo!

A great album, dear Nanuls - the photos are just fantastic!

By the way, thanks for all of your recent votes - I really appreciate!

Many greetings,

Eric

Nanuls

Nanuls - Mar 22, 2010 1:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bravo!

Hello Eric, thank you very much; this was one of my favorite parts of the holiday. No problem on the votes, you have been submitting some very pretty stuff recently - if you hadn't I wouldn't have bothered ;)
Cheers
Dan

Viewing: 1-2 of 2