Southern normal route (from Ref. Tighiettu)

Southern normal route (from Ref. Tighiettu)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.37903°N / 8.91103°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA I-II
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

The route starts above Calasima at P.1061m, see the main page.

Route Description

Follow the gravel road into viru valley in western direction, Paglia Orba ahead. After half an hour it turns right into NW direction. The detours of the road should me cutted (marked with cairns), passing the "Grotte des Anges" bivy shelter. After re-entering the "road" it climbs to a ford. Right above is the Bergerie Ballone and 30-40 minutes ahead on a marked path (GR20: red and white marks) the Refuge Tighiettu.
In front of the hut turn right (E) and continue up the Ravine Stagni to the next creek coming from the north. The gorge of this creek is to be followed, mainly on the orographical right / western side. Cairns lead across slabs (slippery with rain!) and rock into the Bocca Rossa, where the northern Route is met.

Overall ascending time is 5-6 hours with good conditions. One can split that by staying over night at or next to the Refuge Tighiettu.

Essential Gear

In summer season no climbing equipment should be necessary.

External Links

Add Essential Gear text here.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.