Spanish side (Chisagües)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.72740°N / 0.14340°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F+/PD-
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

PetramulaPiedramula

See the main page to approach to trailhead of Llano de Piedramula.

Route Description

Collado de las PuertasCol of las Puertas
Lakes of La MuniaLakes of La Munia

Trailhead: Llano de Piedramula, 6 km from the track of Chisagües (1920 meters).

Slope:1260m.
Time to summit: 3h45min.

Initially we follow 50-60 meters the same track for that we came a little more. Don´t take the route of GR-11 and take a path to the left to cross the river in the ravine of Clot. The path go in zig-zag in direction of the green hillside of peak Chinipro. After the green grass we arrive to a lot of stones ("pedrera"). We see several paths that join us but they all take us towards the col that we have on us, it is the col of Puertas (2530m, 1h30min) placed between the peaks of Chinibro and Robiñera.
We are before La Munia's lakes to which we must descend bordering on them for the left side in a slightly visible path. After the second lake we see the path for the peak of Robiñera in the right side but we continue in north direction up to an spun that fall from La Munia. Now, we search the route in diagonal to the left side to the Col of La Munia where we follow the same route of french side to the summit.

Essential Gear

In the Paso de gato (3-4meters+) you can to use the rope for inexpert people.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

La MuniaRoutes