Standard Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.35410°N / 111.4051°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: III, 5.8
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Approach from Beehive Basin trailhead. Once at the lake, hike (off-trail) to the base of the main buttress.

Route Description


The routes starts in a shallow left-facing corner approx. 20 meters left of the obvious chimney. Follow cracks and face to a belay at about 35 meters (slung horn) (5.8). From there, climb directly up and slightly left, climbing through a beautiful left-facing corner capped by a roof. Belay on a ledge above the roof (5.8). The third and final pitch follows the line of least resistance generally up and right to ledge systems (5.6). Scramble from here to the summit (~200 vertical feet).

Descend via the obvious couloir on the south side of the peak to the base of the rock.

Essential Gear


Standard rack to #3 Camalot, possibly axe in early/late season. You may want double ropes for reduced drag. 60 meter ropes are recommended.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.