Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 43.83330°N / 71.75°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 6, 2001
Stinson Mtn. from Rumney...


Stinson Mtn.
May 6th, 2001
El. 2900ft.
3.6 miles


I didn't know what to except on this mountain being only the fourth mountain I had climbed so far this year. Though I had proven to be in good shape on the other hikes, this hike was going to be a lot longer and taller that the other smaller trips. Also there was a concern of snow since I didn't have an snowshoes at this time. But this mountain was nothing but rewarding to me in every way.

I love being on top of a mountain and it just being me and the mountain. I had this very experience on this mountain. This was in excellent condition with very little snow at all on it (none deep either) It was clear sky with not a cloud in site. I hiked this mountain at exactly the right time. This trail was hardly steep at all and very manageable for all who climb this mountain. This midsize mountain was a very fulfilling hike and a great beginning to May.

The views from the top were amazing. Mt. Washington looked like an Alp mountain with all the snow still on it. You could see the Uncanoonacs sixty-five miles away and Lake Winnepausaukee more that 40 miles away. The north views were limited by trees but were still impressive. Overall an awesome day of hiking.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Stinson MountainTrip Reports