Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 39.85220°N / 105.6894°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 11, 2004
We drove from Alice to Loch Lomonde. Then hiked the approximate 3 miles and 2000 foot climb. The drive to Loch Lomonde definitely requires high clearance and 4wd is recommended. We did see a 2wd high clearance pickup make it to the lake. There are a series of 4 small lakes which are beautiful and definitely worth the visit. The fishing is excellent in the lakes as well. We departed from the Lake at 10:30 with a temperature of about 70 degrees. We reached the summit at 12:30. The wind was about 20 - 30 mph and the temperature was around 55. It was chilly and we donned our fleece jackets and rain pants. Reaching the summit were Janet and Keith, Sean and Teresa and their two children ages 8 and 11. The trail to the summit is well market and easy to follow. We were disappointed to find the summit log had been removed.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.