Summits of Mount Pinos and Reyes Peak

Summits of Mount Pinos and Reyes Peak

Page Type Page Type: Album

Poor Peakbagger

Back in 2003-05 I was a poor ass peakbagger working in Montecito. Lucky for me Santa Barbara had some great hikes but one day I wanted to hike the highest two peaks/ranges west of the I-5 and south of the Bay Area. I took what gas money I had and drove from Santa Barbara to Wheeler Springs to the Ranger Station to ask if the gates were still open to Mount Pinos and Reyes Peak. These two peaks are the easy jaunts with usually long drives to get to them. Being the impatient person that I am I couldn't wait to have both and on the same day. Also needed to make my gas money count. It was already the verge of winter so I had great hopes that the two would be open. The ranger told me they should be but could have just been closed. So I went for and drove my ass off. I had a great time on Pinos and a un-expected good time on Reyes. Both are really unique and pretty peaks with great floras especially for being so close to the Pacific. I have since gone back to Pinos and hike the other peaks around but still need to go back to Reyes and hike Haddock. Here is a collection of pictures I took that day.

External Links

Under construction

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.