Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 45.56660°N / 121.9077°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 28, 2007
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

tanner butte hike and camp

6/28/07
My friend and I hiked up to tanner butte on the 27th and camped over night on the summit. We left the tooth rock trailhead at 2:45 on Weds. We hiked the 2.2 miles to the actual trailhead in about one hour with extremely heavy packs. It took us until 8:00 at night to finally reach the summit. Our first beargrass blossom was at approx. 3200'. We had the entire summit and hike completely to ourselves. We set up tents at the summit and cooked a massive feast. we also brought a 12 pack of cold beer in a cooler which never tasted better than at 4500'!! We awoke around 8:00 and were on the trail around 9:00. It took us three hours to make it back to our car. There was no snow at all and all the trails were clearly marked. This is a great hike but it will kick your butt. I stopped counting blisters at 12. 21 miles is a killer.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Tanner ButteTrip Reports