Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - May 15, 2003 3:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Kane has done a superb job representing the Lost Creek Wilderness on SP. This is a well done page. Excellent work from SP's Lost Creek ambassador.

mpbro

mpbro - May 15, 2003 3:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another nice page from a cool area.



Noticed that the peak is not named in the USGS database. Luckily, the "Lake Park" area is. I believe (from the 11403' elevation you gave) that the coordinates are



39.1766

-105.4236



Check the Topozone map and tell me if this is incorrect.



-Morgan

Kane

Kane - May 15, 2003 5:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Morgan, you always come through with the Long/Lat for me. Yes, you found it. Thanks.

kletterwebbi

kletterwebbi - May 16, 2003 1:15 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page of a obvious very interesting area.

Andy

Andy - May 16, 2003 6:38 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another great page Kane.



I think you have a good opportunity here to isolate the apostrophes problem. In the fourth sentence in the Retirement Range Overview section you successfully use an apostrophe in Roach's. However, in the last sentence of the Retirement Range Overview section you get that funny character in the word you're. You might try copying whatever you did in Roach's and paste that over the other places where there are apostrophes.

Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - May 16, 2003 7:39 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very good page! This area is worth looking into. BTW....why haven't you signed any summit logs? Alan

Grant

Grant - May 16, 2003 9:20 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great Page, Kane.



What's next for this wonderful range.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Dec 12, 2003 10:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Kane,

Nice expansion of the page formerly known as the "Lake Park Peak" page. I added some photos that I thought might help. One bit of critique, the "retirement range" section is a bit unwieldy, (although I must admit I never liked Mr. Roach's amalgamated moniker for three named ranges). Since the McCurdy Massif and the Tarryall Massif fall within the named Tarryall Range why not just address it as the Tarryalls? Wouldn't that be better then describing the northern Tarryalls in conjuntion with the southern Kenoshas? Just a though. Good page though. I am anxious to see it when it is finished.

Jon

Kane

Kane - Dec 12, 2003 10:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Jon, thanks for the vote, I have quite a ways to go before its done, but I will let you know. I'm not sure I know what you're saying. I thought the Tarryall Range was an obvious 2 section range. I guess Bison all the way north to North Tarryall could be the northern Tarryall's. Shit, I'm confused.

I don't want to call it The Tarryall's because I would have to add McCurdy Mountain to this page and I think McCurdy deserves its own page. That's why I was going to make MCurdy Mountain/Massif the foundation of the page and later add stuff from McCurdy Park, making it the McCurdy Mountain/Massif.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Dec 12, 2003 10:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Kane,

Sorry for causing consternation. My point was that in the section on the "retirement range" you talked about sections of the Kenoshas and the Tarryalls together... I would just describe the Tarryalls and dispense with any mention of the Roach's retirement range, since that entity is not mentioned on a map it is unwieldy. It makes perfect sense to break the Tarryalls up (actualy I think they could be broken quite easily into 4 bits; the North Tarryall/Topaz section, Bison Peak, McCurdy Massif, and Tarryall Massif) I think you are doing great. Hope you don't mind if I keep throwing photos you way.

Jon

JonBradford

JonBradford - Dec 13, 2003 1:37 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Abovetimberman,

Kane is reworking his "Lake Park Page" to reflect a massif with several summits. He had many photos up and then he took them down (to reorganize I should think). Patience brother.

Jon

Kane

Kane - Dec 13, 2003 7:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks T-man for the vote. It will be a few more weeks beforevthis one is completed but I will let yall know when it is. Right now I like it without the photos for it looks clean for all my editing. I will add photos when i have completed my writing.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Dec 19, 2003 8:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. Lots of good information.

Jerry L

Jerry L - Jan 3, 2004 2:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good information with good links and photos. well done.

Kane

Kane - Jan 6, 2004 8:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the nice vote. Yea, I have no clue as to why this page and the "Catamount"page jumped to the top of the list. This page used to be Lake Park Peak and i changed it to its current name. But I didn't do anything to my Catamount page, strange.

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Jan 7, 2004 8:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another great one!

hgrapid

hgrapid - Apr 18, 2004 9:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Good page, but please add a trip report.

brenta

brenta - Nov 4, 2004 12:13 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I've been wondering for some time what LCW stood for. I'm glad I learned it through this beautiful page. Great pictures--as usual. Thanks for posting!



My customary proofreading report:



is almost nonexistant -> is almost impossible

its proximity from Denver Colorado is only two hours -> it's only two hours from Denver Colorado

boundary For -> boundary. For

to ascent to reach -> to reach

cross-Tarryall -> cross Tarryall

steep ramp ascends ->steep ramp that ascends

unless your crazy -> unless you are crazy

with out a rope -> without a rope

tree less summit -> tree-less summit

an go -> and go

convenient store -> convenience store (?)

Brad Snider

Brad Snider - Dec 22, 2004 12:26 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Kane, outstanding work on all of the LCW peaks you've included on SP so far! It really makes my longing for exploration feel like it has a place to go. I definitely want to check out some of these areas in 2005, if I am still in Colorado.

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Return to 'Tarryall Massif' main page