Tempest #95

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.77169°N / 116.08875°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Gain the trailhead behind Pioneer Lodge #140; proceed 1/2 mile until you reach the Rivers to Ridges "Tempest Trail" #95. This will take you through a more direct trail to the summit of Shafer Butte.

Getting There

To get to Shafer Butte, From Boise Airport take Airport way proceeding southeast as it turns into Vista Ave; continue on Vista Ave as it turns into Capitol Blvd and winds into Downtown Boise. Turn Left on W Front Street.

Then turn right on W 15th and proceed to W Hays which becomes Harrison Blvd which after a mile of beautiful older homes turns into Bogus Basin Road which you will follow 16 miles to the Bogus Basin Resort. Then proceed up to Pioneer Lodge and access the trailhead from there.

Route Description

The trailhead #140 proceed Northwest for 1/2 mile and you will come to the #95 Trailhead that leads to the summitt.

Shafer Butte is connected to the Ridge to Rivers Trail System that covers most of trails from the valley floor to the Boise Ridge Mountains.

External Links

Rivers to Ridges Trail System

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.