The Goshen Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.31380°N / 72.0745°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Walk Up)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

VIA GOSHEN TRAILHEAD: Take NH 103 a mile toward the west of the Mt. Sunapee Ski Area entrance and head south on Brooks Road roughly two and a half mile where parking will be right on the ninety degree turn.



Route Description

Shot from the summit snack...


Goshen Trail
Class 1
2.6 miles one way (5.2 miles roundtrip)
Elevation Gain 1400 ft.


The Goshen Trail is the least scenic of the three. It is also the easiest of the three to summit Mt. Sunapee. The trail though never gets close to the White Cliffs area and requires an extra 2.0 mile roundtrip trek.

The trail start as a gated road. It stay gravel until going over a brook at 3/4 of mile. The trail then becomes steeper and and rougher as you rise in elevation (still though class 1).The trail then runs into the Lake Solitude Trail at 2.4 miles. At this section head up the ski trail 0.2 miles to the summit.

Essential Gear

****CAUTION: ONLY USE THIS TRAIL IN SUMMER****

This trail goes on the ski resort property and if caught you will probably be forced to pay for a lift ticket.

Summer only essential hiking gear is nessessary.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.