The Point Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.52730°N / 76.9316°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

To get to this trail, use the same directions as getting to the Berry Mountain Trail. When you get to the trailhead, this trail goes right, instead of left and continues west to the point (head of the mountain).

Route Description

*****NOW PRIVATELY OWNED - NO ACCESS GRANTED UNLESS YOU GET PERMISSION FROM THE OWNERS*****





This trail is an extension of the west end of the Berry Mountain Trail. It starts at the west Berry Mountain Trailhead and heads over to the point of Berry Mountain and to the steep cliffs overlooking the Susquehanna River. It is approximately a mile long extension that has very little elevation gain from the Berry Mountain Trail. Luckily at the head of the mountain is a power cut and wonderful views extend to the South, West and North. To the SW you can see Blue Mounatin, one of the highest ridges in the area at just over two thousand feet. The cliffs at the point are about 700ft. high so don't take a wrong step!

Essential Gear

Regular day hiking gear.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.