The ring of Corzene Peak

The ring of Corzene Peak

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.94911°N / 10.05426°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The ring of Corzene Peak
From South



Getting There

Motorway A4 Torino Venezia, until Bergamo gate. Then follow for Seriana Valley, Clusone, Passo della Presolana until Hotel Spampatti, where you can find good parking conditions.

Route Description

From Malga Corzenine
From Albergo Spampatti, take the path for Malga Cornetto, until Malga Corzenine, m. 1411.
From here, you can climb the south slope by yourself choising the way you like.
Walk near pine, larch and fir tree woods until you reach the rock formation upper you, on your left, near the Colle della Presolana pass m. 1698.
Now (about quote m. 1600) the woods change in open grassland. Walk around the rock formations on your right and arrive in a large place with a scree under the Corzene ridge.
In this place is not difficult find edelweiss, heater and other beautiful summer flowers.
Reach the Pozzera pass and climb the north-west ridge. The summit is not far.
From the top, beautiful panorama around the Central Presolana south face, valle dell’Ombra, valle dei Mulini (Mills valley).
Return to the Pozzera Pass and descend the dell’Ombra valley.
Here walking near the Presolana south face scree, you can reach the Grotta dei Pagani (Pagani Cave), m 2224 used by mens since ancient times.
From Grotta dei Pagani start the difficult path for the west Presolana summit, difficult: EE/A (I and II degree ways).
Continue for the Città di Clusone bivouac, m. 2085 (9 places, always open) until the Malga Cassinelli, m 1568.
Take a little time for drink a good cup of your tea and continue until the path to Spampatti Hotel. Now, the ring is finish.

Essential Gear

Mountain gear in winter, trekking gear in all the other seasons.

Maps

Kompass n. 104 Foppolo, valle Seriana 1:50.000;
Alta Val seriana - Val di Scalve editore Canova, Clusone 1:40.000;
Sentieri e rifugi - Comunità Montana Valle Seriana Superiore.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.