Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 41.99900°N / 111.4768°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 3, 2007
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Add Heading Here

THE RUNT
Rich County Highpoint (Bridger Peak 9,255')

This is a fairly easy hike, so I took my seven year old son to bag this peak. There were five adults and five kids under 16 in our group and we all bagged the peak. It is the lowest in elevation of all the Utah Highpoints, so its the runt of the litter.

The getting to the trail is fairly simple, travel up Logan Canyon until you reach Swan Flat Road, which is just past the UDOT shed.

The dirt road travel 3.5 miles until you reach the trailhead at N 41 59.515 W 111 29.146. From here, we hiked, or should I say bushwacked to the summit.

The summit is located at N41 59.946 W111 28.614. It could be troublesome to find if you don't have a map or a gps.

The view from the summit is, for the most part, blocked by the trees, but you do have a rewarding view of Bear Lake and also Cache County's Highpoint, Mount Naomi.

The route we took was .68 miles away, with 897' elevation gain.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bridger PeakTrip Reports