Through Kolove Sedlo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.12700°N / 20.12000°E
Additional Information Route Type: easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Chata pri Zelenom Plese (how to get to Chata pri Zelenom Plese look at main page of Kolovy Stit)

Route Description



Time: 3 h 45 min

Take the yellow marked trail leading on Jahňaci Štit and follow them through Červená (Jagnięca) Valley on Kolový Priehod (Kołowy Przechód) – a little pass in the main ridge of Tatra Mountains between Jahňaci Štit and Kolový Štit.

On the pass turn left (south-east) and climb by the ridge (distinct path), first down on Kolové Sedlo and next up to a Belasá Veža’ (Czerwona Turnia) summit pyramid. Farther climb obliquely right and up through steep scree-grassy slope of Belasá Veža on a little pass before next crag – Zmrzlá Veža (Modra Turnia).

On the pass turn right (east) and follow the steep grassy-rocky ridge on a top of Zmrzlá Veža. Next climb down on the right from an edge of the ridge (in a steep chute) on a narrow incised pass – Kolová Štrbina (Kołowa Szczerbina). From this place climb up by an edge of the ridge (first a few meters on the right side), through a few crags on Kolový Štit’ summit.


Essential Gear


Normal hiking gear. For not good climbers – rope.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.