Tumalo Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.00530°N / 121.6428°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the "Getting There" section of the mountain page. The trail starts from the Dutchman Flat Sno-Park on Cascade Lakes Highway 21 miles west of Bend, OR across the highway from the Mt. Bachelor Ski Area.

 

Route Description

This is a hike summit and you just need to follow the trail to the summit in summer. Try to stay on the trail that is outlined by red cinder rocks once you hit the cinder slope so as to not damage the few struggling alpine plants. In winter, follow the footsteps or trails made by skiers. If there are none, just basically head up (due north from the Sno-Park). You'll hike out of the tall trees after about a mile and a half and see the summit. Then just head for it. Once of the summit plain, head west about 200 yards to the highest point at the cliff's edge.

The hike is 1.8 miles from trailhead to summit and gains 1200 feet of elevation.

 

Essential Gear

None needed.

 

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

 

 



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.