Vermont End to End: day 3

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring

Day 3

Start at Day 0

It is ?? dark thirty and I am awake for some reason. I suppose since I fell asleep around 19:30 my body feels this is sufficient. There isn't much for me to do but write a bit and hope I can fall asleep for a few more hours.

I did manage to fall asleep again and woke up around 07:30. An hour later I was on the trail ahead of Toad, a section hiker. Our first objective was Glastenbury Mountain. I actually lost my steam on the hike. I'm blaming it partly on dehyrdration and wet feet. My shoes are still damp and I have been walking on sore feet over the rocky trail.

Toad passed me but we met again at the rebuilt Goddard Shelter just below Glastonbury's wooded summit. There were 2 AT Sobos there as well and I gave them the rest of my dried fruit. I was carrying to much and they were low on food. Actually we all shared stuff out of our bags so it all worked out.

It was a short walk up to the thickly wooded summit where I found the firetower taped off. In 2000 I was able to climb up to the top for some great views. Too bad. There were two trails leaving the summit northbound but I figured out the correct (leftmost) path easily enough.

While I am thinking of it, I took another look at my mileage and I will not have to average 15/ day to meet Karen. I forgot about the extra day into Machester Center.

I am alone at Caughnawaga tonight. The others and a GMC trail crew are at the nearby Kid Gore Shelter. Last night I slept a little restlessly so I wanted to be alone tonight. This shelter is somewhat dilapidated though. It was built in 1931.

Tomorrow's hike will probably be the same terrain as today, which is to say a small mountain and some low boggy areas. The weather has been nice since the rain, although a little chilly.

Goodnight

Continue on with Day 4 north to Canada

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Glastenbury Mt.Trip Reports