Via ferrata Piccolo Cir/Kleine Cirspitze

Via ferrata Piccolo Cir/Kleine Cirspitze

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 36.34766°S / 49.91853°W
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Difficulty: B - C
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


Short but interesting via ferrata, more difficult than Gran Cir one, but really remarkable for beginners and not only. 

Getting There


From Passo di Gardena/Grödner Joch (m.2121), from Hotel Cir or from the valley station of the Dantercepies lift, take the road or signposted mountain path to the mountain station of the Dantercepies lift below the Piccolo Cir. Directly above the station, first cross a grassy ridge following the signs to the Piccolo Cir, then take the steep route across a ravine to the start of the via ferrata (iron ladder).

Route Description


Ascend the ladder and follow the fixed cable, climbing on breezy walls with good grips, to the summit. Place for few people after the top collapsed in 2004. Instructive and impressive look towards Sella group and Sassolungo. For the descent: following the cable, reach a little saddle, going down along a steep crumbly ravine to the grassy ridge. Here it is possible and advisable to proceed towards Gran Cir route.

Essential Gear

A normal gear for via ferrata is required:helmet, harness, complete ferrata set, gloves.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.