Via ferrata Sandro Pertini

Via ferrata Sandro Pertini

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.57915°N / 11.76509°E
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: C-D
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview - Áttekintés

Geisler group- Dolomites

One of the most spectacular ferratas, the climbing although is not extremely heavy, bu is exposed, often perpendicular, a real experience climbing for advanced. The panorama of the Dolomites and the view of the surrounding giant walls is amazing. The wall and the tower-like top ridge where the steig runs, crests above us almost from the beginning of the route. Some local conservationists urge the demolition of the steig towards the resident eagles.

A real hiker, or climber can be only a conservationist and must recognize the priority of nature. But in the rocky world of Dolomites even in this relatively outlying valley is hard to imagine that eagles can nestle solely on this track…There must be other solutions, for example, the intermittent limitation of climbing during the nesting period of eagles.

A particularly well-built steig, but the artificial steps are not exaggerated. At some critical points, rubber rings protect the belaying points, to avoid the breaking of a carbine at an eventual falling.

Start climbing only in stable weather conditions!!

UPDATE 7-3-2023 - This route has been closed due to environmental concerns, in particular with respect to eagles living in the area. 

Via ferrata Sandro Pertini has been removed
Via ferrata Sandro Pertini has been removed

 

 
Sassolungo
Sassolungo from Selva di Val Gardena
 
Via ferrata Sandro Pertini
The village of Selva and Sassolungo as seen from the beginning of ferrata

A leglátványosabb klettersteigek egyike, maga a mászás, bár nem extrém nehéz, de kitett, sokszor függőleges, igazi élménymászás haladóknak. Körülöttünk a Dolomitok panorámája és a környező gigászi sziklafalak látványa elképesztő. A fal és a toronyszerű csúcsgerinc, ahol a steig vezet, az elejétől fogva szinte fölénk borul. Nagy kár lenne, ha természetvédelmi okokból lebontanák. (A bontást az itt fészkelő sasok érdekében a helyi természetvédők szorgalmazzák. Igazi turista, mászó csak természetvédő lehet és el kell ismerni a természet elsődlegességét. De a Dolomitok sziklavilágában még ebben a relatíve eldugott kis völgyben is nehéz elképzelni, hogy a sasok kizárólag ezen az útvonalon fészkelnek – és akkor még nem beszéltünk a fészkelési időszak alatti időszakos mászáskorlátozás lehetőségéről, ami már Magyarországon is működik!)
Különösen jól kiépített klettersteig, de a mesterséges lépések nincsenek eltúlozva. A kritikusabb pontokon gumigyűrű védi a bekötési pontokat, hogy eséskor a karabiner ennek ütközzön, így sokkal kisebb eséllyel törhet el.
Csak stabil időjárás mellett vágjunk neki!

Getting There

On the Austrian highway A2 until Villach, and further to Lienz, Dobbiaco (Toblach), Corvara. From here on the road leading to the Passo Gardena climb the pass and on the other side shortly you will reach Selva di val Gardena. In the downtown at the first bigger crossroad turn right. On the road that leads out the village to Lagental, crossing a stream, you will reach the parking place. From here follow the meandering trail (road No. 17.) in the meadow until the little chapel St. Sylvester and go further to the left in pine forest. The signs will lead you until the beginning of the ferrata (1730 m).

Az ausztriai A2 autópályán Willach-ig, majd tovább Lienz, Dobbiaco (Toblach), Corvara, innen a Passo Gardena felé vezető úton át a hágón, annak túloldalán le Selva di val Gardénába. A belvárosban az első nagyobb kereszteződésben jobbra, végig a nagyobb úton, amely kivezet a településről a Langental felé. Itt a patakon áthajtva jobbra a parkolóig.

A parkolótól fölfelé indulunk a völgy aljában, a réten tekergő ösvényen (17. sz út) a Szent Szilveszter kápolna felé, majd balra tartunk a fenyőerdőbe. A táblák a beszállásig irányítanak (1730 m).

Route Description - Útvonal-leírás

Starting elevation: 1.563 m
Goal: Stevia Hütte at 2.312 m
Beginning of the ferrata at: 1.730 m (time to starting point: 20 min)
Climbing: 500 m level (2-3 hours)
Downway: 1,5 hour
Total time: 4-5 hours

After a few meters of free climbing we can attach to the wire ascending on very steep rock which ensures good grips and steps (B-C). A little above there are some clamps (C), and after a lighter climb (B-C) follows a metal ladder (C). Than we can crawl on nice articulated crags (B-C), and we have to sidle to the right above a huge deepness. A breezy turning is followed by a sheer cliff (C). Above it with an other precipitous clamber we get higher and higher (B-C), a numbing depth under our legs. Here we reach a grassy table, marker the end of the first part of the ferrata.

During some minutes of walking is rewarding to gather new energy for the next tryout. From here the frightful rock-tower crests above us in touchable closeness, and you can see the climbers creeping in the fore-and aft crevice. But until that you have to conquer the distance to the second metal ladder. The beginning easy ground (A-B-C) becomes more and more steep and heavy. After climbing the exposed wall of a huge rock-pillar (C), a few easy steps lead to the second ladder. The ladder actually is a bridge spanned above an enormous deepness, but thanks to a tight-rope you can get across securely. After the bridge follows another steep part (C-D) than you will reach a foot of the summit-ridge, a little, detritus covered rim.

The last section of the stieg is the most spectacular. In an almost perpendicular cutting with heavy but well ensured, with the help of iron rounds an natural steps we hang on (C-D), until almost the whole climbed section opens under our boots. Fighting down a little overhanging stage (C-D) we are right at the third, very exposed ladder, after that on a small ledge we can sidle to left out the wall. The last section (B-C) will not load us too much and very soon we can extend on the grassy table.
For more details see the topo of the route.

Downway: From the top of the ferrata follow the trail to the Stevia Hütte for about 20 minutes walk. If you are able to miss out a cold bier on the refugio’s terrace, turning left at the house you can even start your way down. The trail leads you with a big circle to the parking place beside a very scenic mountain panorama.

 
The second ladder
The second ladder
 
Via ferrata Sandro Pertini




Kiindulási magasság: 1.563 m
Cél: Stevia Hütte 2.312 m-nél
A ferrata beszállás: 1.730 m-nél (a beszállásig: 20 min)
Mászás: 500 m szint (2-3 óra)
Lefeléút: 1,5 óra
Összesen: 4-5 óra

Pár méter könnyű szabadmászás után csatolunk a drótkötélre. Meredeken mászunk fölfelé (B-C) a jó lépést-fogást biztosító sziklákon Följebb vaskampókon kapaszkodva mászunk (C), majd könnyebb mászás után (B-C) egy meredek létra következik, kissé nehéz kimászással (C). tagolt sziklákon mászunk tovább (B-C), majd jobbra egy peremen igen nagy mélység fölé oldalazunk ki (B). Egy szellős fordulót meredek felszökés követ (C). Fölötte újabb meredek kapaszkodással jutunk egyre följebb (B-C), bizsergető mélységgel a talpunk alatt.

Fölérünk az első szakasz végét jelző füves platóra, itt pár perc gyaloglás következik és érdemes erőt gyűjteni az előttünk álló erőpróbára. A félelmetes szilatorony innen már szinte kézzelfogható közelségben magasodik fölénk, jól kivehetők a hosszanti hasadékban kapaszkodó mászók. Addig azonban még a második létráig vezető szakasz is előttünk áll.

Előbb könnyű sziklaterepen mászunk fölfelé (A-B, B), majd a terep egyre meredekebb és nehezebb lesz. Egy sziklapillér kitett falára mászunk föl (C), majd itt oldalazunk, illetve kapaszkodunk tovább meredeken (C). Följebb pár lépés könnyű terep vezet a létra elejére.

A második létra valójában egy híd: hatalmas mélységű hasadék fölé fektették, de a fölé kifeszített kötél segítségével biztonságosan átkelünk rajta. Utána meredek felmászás következik (C-D), majd könnyebb terepen érünk a csúcsgerinc tövébe, egy kis törmelékes peremre.

A steig utolsó szakasza egyben a leglátványosabb. A függőleges közeli bevágásban nehéz mászással, de kiválóan biztosítva, vashágcsók és természetes lépések segítségével kapaszkodunk föl (C-D), míg cipőtalpunk alatt csaknem a teljes addig megtett szakasz mélysége nyílik. Egy kisebb áthajlást leküzdve (C-D) érünk a harmadik, igen kitett létrához (B). Felkúszunk rajta, majd balra egy kis peremen kioldalazunk a falból.

Fölötte már csak a fennsíkperemre vezető kisebb kapaszkodás vár (B-C), majd elterülhetünk a füves platón.
További részletekért lásd a ferrata topoját.

Lemenet: A fennsíkon induló ösvényen a Stevia Hütte felé indulunk, ez kb. 20 perc gyaloglásra van. Ha meg bírjuk állni, hogy kihagyjuk a teraszon elfogyasztott hideg sört, a ház előtt balra fordulva már indulhatunk is lefelé. Az ösvény kisebb szintvesztés majd felgyaloglás után, nagyon látványos hegyvidéki panoráma mellett, nagy körrel vezet vissza a parkolóhoz.

 
Guardian angel
Guardian angel
 
Kitchen garden with a view
Kitchen garden with a view

 

 
Stevia Hütte with Sass Pordoi (left) and Sassolungo (right)
Stevia Hütte with Sass Pordoi (left) and Sassolungo (right)

 

Essential Gear - Felszerelés

Normal Via Ferrata gear: Helmet, Climbing harness with Via Ferrata kit, gloves (bike gloves without fingers work great if weather permits). Rope, only if you're not used to this kind of climbing.

 
The Cir Towers
The Cir Towers from Stevia Hütte
 
Lawnmowers
Lawnmowers: mother and her daughter


A szokványos via ferrata szett: sisak, beülő klettersteig fékkel, holmi strapabíró kesztyű (a legjobb a levágott ujjú súlyzós kesztyű). Esetleg kötél, ha van a csapatban kevésbé tapasztalt mászó, akik biztosítani kell.

 
Butterfly dressage :o)
Butterfly dressage
 
Descending from the Stevia Hütte: the Cir Towers and Sella Group
Descending from the Stevia Hütte: the Cir Towers and Sella Group

 

External Links

For German speaking people: www.bergsteigen.at

 
The  Window
 
Via ferrata Sandro Pertini

 

Weather - Időjárás



 
Selva di Val Gardena with the Sella group in the background
Selva di Val Gardena with the Sella group in the background
 
Val Gardena and Geisler group from Passo Sella
Val Gardena and Geisler group from Passo Sella

 



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.