Winter Hike - Horsetooth Mountain

Winter Hike - Horsetooth Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Overview

Horsetooth Mountain is a small mountain located 4 miles west of Fort Collins. The rock formation forming the summit of Horsetooth is often used as a symbol of Fort Collins. The name comes from its distinctive appearance to horse teeth. From the summit you can see on clear days Longs Peak and Mount Meeker. The whole area around the mountain has a multitude of trails for hiking, running, mountain biking and even skiing in the winter. 
You are required to pay a permit in order to access this area, and on weekends it can get pretty crowded. 

External Links

Horsetooth Mountain Open Space


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Dec 10, 2013 12:53 pm - Voted 10/10

One of my.......

favorite places!!

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Dec 11, 2013 9:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: One of my.......

really? I liked it and was happy that it was a cold day (otherwise would have a hard time with people on the trails). Thanks for letting me know. I will think of you next time I hike it:)

namerg

namerg - Dec 25, 2013 2:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Are crampons...

Hello, are crampons needed? snowshoes ? Is it easy to hike to the top? What about ice? thanks for your help.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.