Winter Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.79110°N / 116.0907°W
Additional Information Route Type: Easy Snowshoe
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class I/II
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To access Mores Mountain from the Boise Airport, access Interstate-84 heading west to the junction of Interstate-184 that leads to downtown. The interstate terminates at 13th street downtown. Turn left (north) on 13th and follow it to Hill Road at the base of the foothills. Take Hill Road to a stoplight and junction with Bogus Basin Road. Turn right on Bogus Basin (northeast) and follow the winding, but paved road 16 miles to the Bogus Basin Resort.

Continue just past the main parking lot at the ski area base to the Nordic Lodge and parking area. Park here.

Route Description


From the Nordic lot, obtain a 5$ snowshoe pass for clearence to use the nordic trails.

Be sure to get a map and follow the green trail 2 kilometers to a double chair lift. Continue 2 more kilometers to another chairlift near the base of Mores Mountain.

At this point the nordic trail begins to gain elevation noticeably. Follow the same nordic trail past the second chairlift until reaching a different trail that angles northeastward along the southern slopes of Mores Mountain.

Follow the trail all the way to the saddle between it and Shafer Butte where the campground is located in the summer. Look for an obvious back country skiier trail (it is almost always there), and follow it 500 vertical feet to the summit.

Essential Gear


Snowshoes are the only required gear for this particular route.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.