AMC route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.74917°N / 70.54253°W
Additional Information Route Type: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.6 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

AMC route is a fun alpine climb in a beautiful spot. Nice gneiss rock, lots of rappel anchors and short walk to the summit and down to the pond for a nice 5hr loop.

Getting There

Boyd Road out of Weld, ME. Well marked trailheads with parking

Route Description

Defined climbers trail leads to AMC route 5.6...stiff little bulge gets you warmed up for wet ledges. The route finding wasn't obvious so we meandered around and finished up an easy knife edge arete. I still can't tell from the photos where we climbed. There are a ton of nice rock faces all over the mountain. 3-4 pitches. Descent via the summit trail and down to the pond and Broad Brook trail, makes a nice loop. You can also rappel the route or descend via the loop trail or the rough looking trail up the gully next to the AMC route.

Essential Gear

Zig zags a bit so some long runners would help with rope drag. Easy protection with a bunch of stoppers and a few cams. Two ropes if you want to rappel.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.