Summit GTX

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Summit GTX
Manufacturer Scarpa
Page By deadgumby
Page Type Feb 12, 2007 / Feb 12, 2007
Object ID 2571
Hits 8333
Vote

4 - season leather mountaineering boot

Comfort and performance; perfect all-mountain use.

Features

Reverse-suede single-piece upper with waterproof HS12 treatment
Articulated, padded ankle
Excellent 4-season mountain boot
Warm and supportive for ice/mixed
Impeccable SCARPA craftsmanship
Duratherm® insulation and additional padding for warmth and comfort

Upper: Crosta Pro HS12
Lining: GORE-TEX® Duratherm®
Midsole: Pro-Fiber
Sole: Vibram® Dual PU
Color: Grigio
Last: DL
Sizes: 38-49 (half sizes)
Weight: 2090g (42)

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

ExcitableBoy - Jun 1, 2009 11:07 am - Hasn't voted

Summit GTX
I bought the Scarpa Summit GTX as a replacement for a pair of LaSportiva Trango Extremes. I was looking for a warmer boot with better ankle support and the Summits delivered. The boots fit my widish feet better than the LaSportivas. They were comfortable right out the box and required no break in period.

They have proven to be equally adept on steep snow and ice routes (Mt Rainier -Fuhrer Thumb, Shasta - Casaval Ridge) and technical rock climbing (West Ridge of Stuart).

mmcguigan - Jan 9, 2010 7:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Solid Boot
Purchased these boots a while ago and love them. Very good for climbs below 14K or where you don't need uber-warmth. If you are thinking of climbing something over 6,000 meters, you may want to consider plastic. Don't wear these puppies into the back country strait out of the box, give them some real break-in time clunking around the house or taking the dog for a walk. I wear a 10.5 shoe and the 44s fit snug with a pair of silk liners and thick wool socks. My Sabertooth crampons fit like they were made for this boot but, I would not do any serious ice climbing with these guys. Mixed terrain, good neve, or short ice climbs are what this boot thrives on.

AsianBigfoot2 - Mar 28, 2010 7:10 am - Voted 5/5

Great Boot!
I bought the Scarpa Summit GTX as a replacement for a pair of LaSportiva Glacier EVO that were prematurely coming apart at the seams; literally!

I've spent the last two weeks wearing them at work to break them in. These are the first pair of full-shank boots that I've worn/owned. The boots do flex despite having a full shank. However; I suspect having a nylon shank has something to do with its' ability to flex as such. I'll be using these boots for backpacking year-round. I have a pair of Scarpa Inverno's for the much more serious adventures!

The boot gives great ankle support. I did change the laces to thicker ones because the ones that came with them were thin and dug into my fingers while lacing up.


Viewing: 1-3 of 3