The Sorkhab Peaks

The Sorkhab Peaks

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

Add Heading here

Since I have not climbed these peaks, I will submit them as an “Album” and not a “Mountain”.

Sorkhab the Great: 3792 m (12441 ft), 36.1585 North, 51.4075 East
Sorkhab the Small 3760 m (12336 ft)

Click for Introduction to the Central Alborz Mountains.
Click for Introduction to Kholeno Massif.
Click for a detailed map of the Central Alborz Mountains.
Click for a detailed map of the Kholeno Massif.


Sorkhab the Great and Sorkhab the Small are a couple of jagged peaks that rise in the Central Alborz Mountains of northern Iran. To the north, the slopes of these peaks drop down to the bottom of one of the branches of the Chalus River Valley. Impressive walls can be found just below the summits. To the south, steep scree slopes that are covered by bands of cliffs drop to one of the branches of Varengeh Rood River Valley. To the east, the peaks are connected to the 3845 m Sootak the Small Peak and to the west, they connect to the 3614 m Doonay Peak.

Although the Sorkhab Peaks are lower than many of their nearby mountains, their jagged appearance and brilliant yellowish/red slopes give them much prominence among the local peaks.

For more information about the area, see the page for Sootak the Small.

Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab
Sorkhab

External Links

Add External Links text here.



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.