Albia

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.00120°N / 2.02456°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

AlbiaAlbia

The route from Albia it's a good complementary route to Irumugarrieta to make a circular hike with the other trailhead in Casa Forestal / Gaurdetxe. The distance of 1km of asfalt road between both trailheads it make possible. The shortest and normal route is from Casa Forestal.

Getting There

Map of AralarMap of Aralar

See the main page to approach to Albia.

Route Description

The first part of the route it's the same of peak Ttutturre to the Col of Urdangoene (see this page to approach to this point).

In the col of Urdangoene under the peak Beloki in right side (east, complementary ascent in 15-20 minutes) we turn to left side near of a track. Many options from there, I write the most frequented:
TrikuharriTrikuharri

TxameniTxamiñe

a)- The mosts direct option reach the dolmen of Lerritz in the middle of a great plain. We follow the track in direction to Trikuharri walking under the peak Txamiñe in left side. In the area of green hills in lefts side (Desao Txiki near of Desaomendi) we turn to north (right) before the dolmen of Trikuharri (if you want you can to walk to the dolmen before the turn). Reaching the south slopes of Irumugarrieta we connect with the normal route to summit.

b)- For the peakbaggers the line of little summits of left side it's a good option. We climbed the easy green slopes of Txorroxeta and the rocky Txamiñe before the descent to Trikuharri.

Pallardi and TtutturrePallardi
IrumugarrietaBeldarri

c)- The lovers of the ridges can to climb in north direction to the peak Pallardi, and even Ttutturre and from there turning to NW we can to climb the peaks Kurutzeaga, Beldarri and finally Irumugarrieta. This option is confuse in the access to Pallardi but after it the line of the ridge it's a walk-up among the stones of the wide ridge (some cairns to follow the route)

Essential Gear

Nothing special. A map it's advisable.
In some days of winter crampons and ice-axe for the access to the summit.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.