Casa Forestal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.95825°N / 2.00116°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Map of AralarAralar's routes

This it's the most frequented route to climb to Irumugarrieta and probably one of the most popular routes of the range. The slope is short but the distance is longest that it seem

Time: 2h + 2h
Slope: 400 m.

Getting There

Casa Forestal de AralarGuardetxe

See the main page to approach to the trailhead of Guardetxe / Casa Forestal (1035m).

Route Description

TrackTrack
Forest of ErregerenaForest

We begin in the great parking crossing the barrier of left side. The track it's forbidden to cars nowadays but it's an easy walk for the beggining of the route. The wide track it's the route (don't walk the little tracks of sides of the route).
Col of Desao/ErreneagaDesao
Beeches in the trackForest

We cross the nice gap in the rocks make to permit the pass of the track and after a very great curve (under the forest of the mountain Eurlatz in right side) we walk near of the old parking of plains of Pagomari. Some little path begin in the parking in right side but it's not our route. We follow the track. After the forest we exit in a plain with one hut, it's the col of Desao (with the mountain Desaomendi in right side).
TrikuharriTrikuharri
IrumugarrietaMalloas

After a little ramp in the track we reach the presummit of the little Errenaga (the mailbox it's visible in left side near of the metallic fence) we descent to the very wide plain of Igaratza. Irumugarrieta it's in front of us but the best terrain it's turning to right side following the path to reach the dolmen of Trikuharri. After some meters we turn to left side leaving the path to Urdangoene in the Col of Trikuharri. Now the path with some marks of red paint in the stones turn in some ocassions searching the pass in the labyrinth of the karst but always it's visible in left side the great ramp west of Irumugarrieta. After a hard ramp the path arrive under a long metallic fence. The point of entry to the other side of Irumugarroeta had a great red mark. Now we're in the west ridge and descending a little in the north face we walk to reach the summit in NE direction. The great vertex it's the highest point of Aralar and generally the wind it's very strong many days. The landscape it's very interesting.

For the descent generally we can walk the same itinerary but it's possible a longest route following the path to Urdangoene (col under the peak Beloki) in the east to return to the road in Albia (40-45 minutes more). From Albia the distance is 1 km to Casa Forestal across the road.

Essential Gear

Nothig special.
In winter (december to february) the track under the forest and the ramp to access of the summit can to be something of hard snow, the use of crampons and ice axe is usefull

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.