Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.22791°N / 72.93991°W
Additional Information County: Bennington
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 3281 ft / 1000 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Bromley Mountain is a peak located in the southern portion of the Green Mountains of Vermont. It has a ski area on the southeast face of the mountain which also has summer activities. At the 3284ft summit of this mountain stands an observation tower with views of southern Vermont and beyond. The Appalachian Trail/Long Trail pass over the summit.

Getting There

Bromley Trail Sign

The main trailhead for this hike is located approximately 6 miles east of Manchester, VT along Route 11/30 (TH Elev. 1830ft). There is ample parking but parking may be an issue in the winter with snowmobile users. Follow the AT/LT marked with white blazes northeast up the mountain. You will pass over Bromley Brook on a bridge and cross the path of a snowmobile trail. Near the summit there is a trail shelter and a scenic vista spur trail. At 2.5 miles the trail spills out onto a ski trail for the final .3 mile ascent to the summit. (1850ft Ascent) Note: This summit can also be reached from the north, by parking at Mad Tom Notch trailhead (TH Elev. 2445ft)along Forest Road 21 (Seasonal) and hiking south along the AT/LT for about 2.2 Miles (840ft Ascent).

Red Tape

General Green Mountain National Forest restrictions apply to the hike up to the summit area. The summit area and nearby ski trails are part of the 118 Acre Hapgood State Forest, but this land is actively used as a ski area, with summer activites and a scenic chair-lift that runs from May 23-Oct 12.

Camping

There are ample camping opportunities in the Green Mtn National Forest along the trail up the mountain and There is a shelter along the AT/LT near the summit.

External Links

Green Mountain National Forest Bromley Mountain Ski Area Bromley Mountain-Wikipedia Bromley Mountain-Peakbagger