Collado de Santa Isabel

Collado de Santa Isabel

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.51200°N / 0.31980°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Collado de Santa IsabelSanta Isabel

Trailhead: Col of Santa Isabel, 8 km of forest track from the village of Saravillo.

To approach to Saravillo you can see the page of Bachimala. A few of km before of the village of Plan is the crossroad of Saravillo.

This is the easiest itinerary and more frequented but for mountaineers is more spectacullar the route of Armeña.

Route Description

Slope: 1400m
Time: 4h20min.

In the col of Sta Isabel (1540m), follow in east direction to cross the great wall little by little in a path in the forest to reach in upper side the plain of Entremont. Under the peak Mobisón Grande (left) the itinerary is some difficult with path in the rock of the mount. We find the channel of stones to search the entry to the ridge between the peak Neis (right) and Cotiella (left). This is the col named colladeta (2705m), same point of entry of the route of Armeña. From here is the same ramp of stones to reach the summit.

Essential Gear

Nothing special (water but is long)
In winter is neccesary the use of crampons and ice-axe and it's possible that you can't drive across the track.

Important in winter: the access to the plain of Entremont with a lot of snow is dangerous for risk of avalanchs.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

CotiellaRoutes