Combe d'Einzon

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.24000°N / 7.19000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting point is L'Airette (1239 m). This place can be reached from Ardon following a well marked path and a rough road in 2-3 hrs. Consider taking a car or a moutain bike if you intend to go back to L'Airette. There's also a good path from Motélon (on the road to Derborence), this access takes 1-1.5 hrs.

Route Description


A good path leads to Chalet d'Einzon and the ruin at Itre du Bouis. From here you can ascend the enormous NE side without any given route. This is very monotonous in late summer (rubble), but in June, you can usually except to find the rubble covered by snow (start early for a great descent!). Shortly before the summit, you reach the east ridge. Just before the summit, a notch demands some easy climbing (II).

Essential Gear


Patience and a stoic character are helpful for this route.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.