East ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.24000°N / 7.19000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble/Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: PD
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Neimia (road from Chamoson) an interesting and very steep path brings you to Les Ancillons and Refuge du Gurit (P. 1955). This route is marked with yellow signs and takes 2.5 - 3 hrs.

Route Description


From the refuge, go in direction NW and traverse a small creek. Ascend steeply along the base of a rocky wall until you notice a small wooden cross. This marks a short couloir, which brings you to a grassy slope. Climb steeply to P. 2312, continue direction west and traverse another couloir (somewhat exposed). Ascend directly over rubble to Petit Renard col.

Climb along the ridge to P. 2754, the begin of the east ridge. Follow this ridge. Some difficulties can be avoided by descending slightly in the flank, but mostly you have to follow the narrow ridge (II). This leads to the east summit (2951 m). The second summit is best avoided (N flank). Return to the ridge and reach the main summit after a small and unexpected notch (II).

Essential Gear


Be free of giddiness for the ridge. Experienced climbers won't need a rope.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.