Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 44.11250°N / 73.9239°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jul 21, 2005
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Making Marcy my first

One of the guys here at work is pretty heavy into hiking/mountaineering. In fact, he's even been on Everest, and kept providing more stories about his mountaineering adventures.

With all this talk he eventually got a group of us interested in trying the hiking thing out. After much debate we decided on Marcy, mostly due to it's popularity. We planned for the middle of July, and started counting down the days.

The last week before the trip

When we started talking about hiking we had almost 20 guys interested. This number kept getting whittled down until pretty much the last few days, and we finally had the final number of 8.
Don - Our fearless leader
Enlarge

Scotty - Our teddy bear Enlarge

Mike - The hoopmaster of the trails
Garrett - Photographer extra-ordinaire!
Enlarge

Jason P - Photographer extra-ordinaire! wait.. we've already got one of those. Photographer and tech-head Enlarge

Jason M - Testing the latest in bear-repellent - McDonalds!
Fred - The fronch hook

Matt (myself) - Gear-head and future 46er




Excitement started building on Monday, and by Friday it couldn't be contained anymore. That final day passed in a blur, and before we knew it it was time to start packing the cars in the parking lot. It was this point that I called Jason P to verify when he was going to be there, only to find out that he didn't want to come anymore. It was this point that I realized the powers of pursuasion I have, and finally convinced him that he still needed to come.

(More to follow)

Comments

No comments posted yet.