Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Dec 10, 2012
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter
Up visiting the beautiful state of NH on business I was staying quite south of the mountain near Boston so I did not get the best of starts 9ish... the walk in trail was as usual hard frozen snow and the same with the liberty springs. A couple of miles after turning of to flume trail and a few stream crossings the slide clearly comes into view. It appears to be time to turn up, but hang on a little bit as the trail will take you closer and avoid unnecessary bushwack. The slide itself was a very fun climb, almost an hour of steady ascending ( I actually did in just boots & axe due to snow conditions but usually would expect to use crampons ). Nice and clilly up top of Flume for lunch then over to liberty and down the liberty springs trail... Back to the car 3-4ish.

All in all a great fun day hike with no crowds and a fun climb in the middle


BTW many sites / post say that Flume Slide nor trail can't be done in winter... what they mean to say is that descending the flume slide trail is not a good idea. After topping out turn left to liberty 


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount FlumeTrip Reports