Grindelwald-Grund

Grindelwald-Grund

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.59236°N / 7.94790°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

It's the longer route to climb Lauberhorn but probably it's the most interesting for mountaineers of SP.

Slope: 1450 meters
Time: 4h 50 min

Getting There

If you are lodged in Grindelwald you must to descent to the little village of Grund but if you come in train from Zweilütschinen (from Lautrebrunnen or Interlaken) you must to descent in the station of Grund.

Route Description

Mettla farmsMettla

In Grindelwald (1050m) we search after the train station a little street near of Hotel Regiana with the signal Kleine Scheidegg and we descent following the good signals to Grund (943m). After the bridge we begin the route. Initially we follow the road but very soon we can see some yellow signals of "weg" (way) avoiding the hard asphalt by easy paths. In Brandegg (1332m) we found the first train station (all the stations had restaurants if you want food or drink, it's the civilization!). We cross the railway and we walk near of the train (it's the worst zone since the trains advance you but you enjoy so much of the views). We reach the station of Alpiglen (1599m), good place for a little rest. In Alpiglen be carefull with the signals (left to Eigertrail and right to Kleine Scheidegg). We follow to right to a good path among the green plains with some cows and little houses (yes, like the typicals images of Swizertland!). At last we leave the railway and we cross the house of Mettla (1809m).
From the summit of LauberhornGrindelwald

Over the house Alvengarten (1846m) we don't descent to the bridge and towers of electricity (it go to area of Männlichen across the col Honegg), we go to left side with impressive views of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. It's specially nice the little white pyramid of Silberhorn in spun of Jungfrau from here. After some curves we reach Kleine Scheidegg. Be carefull with the hordes of tourist!
For reach the summit of Lauberhorn from Kleine Scheidegg read the route: Kleine Scheidegg

Essential Gear

Nothing special. In winter crampons and ice-axe.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.